Saturday, March 19, 2011

Moon at its closest point


I got the tripod out tonight to try and get some photos of the moon as tonight it is the closest it has been for two decades.  Our garden is not the ideal point to view the moon - I had to wait for it to appear over the hill.  The two below I was quite happy about.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, well done Heidi, they look good! We also had some very good views last night, on our way out to a 'do'. When we came home at 11pm the moon was noticebly higher and appeared further away. Not sure if they said the next time we shall see this is 2016 or 2060!!

Jenny said...

Sorry Heidi that comment was mine - hit the wrong button!!

Heidi said...

That ok Jenny. I looked up when the next perigee of the moon would be and it said 2029 - I will be in my 90's!

Quiltstory said...

Those are GORGEOUS pictures Heidi!! I especially love the second. I need to be better at taking nature pictures :)

Heidi said...

Thank you :-)