Left East Bergholt and made my way across country to Royston. It was a great day sightseeing - Finchingfield, Great Dunmow, Thaxted, Saffron Waldon and eventually, Royston. The whole aim of coming here was to see the Royston Cave, which I did.
The cave was very interesting and it is a bit of a puzzle why it is decorated as it is. Plenty of theories but no firm facts.
Tonight I am in The Chequers Inn, which is 15th century coaching inn. I can guarantee that as the floor is on the slant as tend to be the case with these old buildings. Very comfortable room though :-)
Photos below are of Finchingfield - a very pretty village
The cave was very interesting and it is a bit of a puzzle why it is decorated as it is. Plenty of theories but no firm facts.
Tonight I am in The Chequers Inn, which is 15th century coaching inn. I can guarantee that as the floor is on the slant as tend to be the case with these old buildings. Very comfortable room though :-)
Photos below are of Finchingfield - a very pretty village


No comments:
Post a Comment