Monday morning I left Royston and made the short drive over to Bedford to stay with Shirley and Jack. I had a lovely day chatting with them and then in the evening we had dinner with Linda and Pete at the nearby carvery. Linda and Pete invited us all back for coffee and cake at their place. It was a lovely day.
For the first time I took advantage of the guest room and very comfortable it was too. When I woke up, I popped my case into the car and had a walk down to the river for a short walk. After breakfast with Shirley and Jack I headed off to Hereford to go to the cathedral for the Mappa Mundi. The cathedral is lovely and the library housing the map also houses a very large collection of chained books, some dating back to 1080.
After I had spent time in Hereford I drove out to my accomodation for the night at Goodridge, a small village about half an hour outside the town. Very pretty countryside around here too.
For the first time I took advantage of the guest room and very comfortable it was too. When I woke up, I popped my case into the car and had a walk down to the river for a short walk. After breakfast with Shirley and Jack I headed off to Hereford to go to the cathedral for the Mappa Mundi. The cathedral is lovely and the library housing the map also houses a very large collection of chained books, some dating back to 1080.
After I had spent time in Hereford I drove out to my accomodation for the night at Goodridge, a small village about half an hour outside the town. Very pretty countryside around here too.






No comments:
Post a Comment