Sunday, September 23, 2018

Cambridge

My drive to Cambridge was in the rain, as was my visit. It was raining when  I got there so I went into the Round Church, which had a video showing on the history of the town, plus it was an interesting church, round but predating  the Templars. 

It was not going to stop raining so I walked on along with everyone else. The streets are narrow, and the tour groups were large and many. Like in Oxford, the colleges themselves are not for public access but the buildings can be admired without going in. 

I walked down to the river where the tourists still wanted the experience of going on the river just like the students, despite the rain. By this time I wanted to be somewhere dry so I had lunch where I dried out. It was not heavy  rain, just continuous drizzle - I didn’t get soaked through just very damp around the edges!







No comments: