After several other calls and other times for delivery we still had no luggage. Eventually Robin's case arrived just before 11 pm, thanks to the baggage facility at Rotterdam airport. No sign of mine. More calls Saturday morning where BA denied all knowledge of previous day's dealings, but then I had a call from the Rotterdam airport on my mobile saying my case was with them and could I collect it. A hotel receptionist took over then and spoke to them, with the result that the case was in the hotel within the hour. Which was nice as we had to board the cruise an hour and half later...
The Nhow hotel reception was fantastic, Rotterdam Airport baggage handlers very helpful and British Airways was rubbish. We have flown with them before, usually Paris to London and have had problems with them then - definitely will never fly with them again.
We did go out and about in Rotterdam - could not sit and wait in the hotel for an, as it turned out, non existed courier, all day. I had a very nice ride on a vintage tram in the afternoon, so saw a lot of the city.
Above is the Erasmus Bridge which I walked over from our hotel. The red sign on the in the building in the centre is the Nhow Hotel, which I really recommend. (Have I mentioned I don't recommend BA). The low 'pod' to the right is the cruise terminal so we just had to walk two minutes down the road in order to board the ship.
I had to include a windmill - it is Holland after all...
As you can probably see, the weather was pretty overcast, and while on the tram, it poured with rain.



1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your lack of luggage and pleased you got it before you boarded ship - that could have been a disaster! You have had some awful weather for your English stay, hope it improves for you.
Post a Comment