Saturday, August 15, 2015

Heide Art Gallery

This week I had a bus trip out with MDLC (I am a volunteer with them) to Heide, an art gallery on the bend of the Yarra.  Very pretty setting in large park like gardens.  It backs on to a large park that goes down to the river.. We had a guide take us through the exhibits - modern art - I can take it or leave it. The paintings here I shall leave...

It was a good day though, as the grounds are really worth a visit.  We went into nearby Heidelberg for a pub lunch and then those that wanted to walked back through the local park to where the driver had parked the bus. The park has an unusual arch - two trees that had been pulled together as saplings.  I am pretty sure they did not just grow like that.

The purpose built part of the art gallery

The original farmhouse

Kitchen Garden

The Dolls house

Judy and I looking at the side of the art gallery

The arch trees in Heidelberg Park

No comments: