Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Heronswood House Dromana

Jenny and I are still doing our garden tours.  Today we had a look at Heronswood House at Dromana. The site is really something, with great views over the bay.  We walked through the garden, stopping are various beds of interest.  Vegetables are a feature of this garden and I got some seeds so I too, can have a vegie patch.  I got an heirloom pumpkin mountain mix - 25 mixed sorts of pumpkins! I shall sow them in the spring, which surely cannot be too far away....




By the time we had walked the whole garden it was lunch time, but neither of us found anything that appealed to us in the small cafe.  As we were really near Arthurs Seat, a looking lookout, we headed up there as we figured there had to be something up there other than views.

First we stopped at the lookout and could see right across the bay to the city.
From Arthur's Seat the high rise in the city was quite clearly visible today

Lunch was at the Pig and Whistle pub.  This pub could have been in England.  And the food was pretty good too.  A nice day out in all. Thanks Jen.





No comments: