Sunday, January 09, 2011

Day in the city

Jenny got tickets for us all to see The Very Bad Show at RMIT.  We all met up at Central - should have been Richmond but Metro had other plans for us - and had lunch first before going to the 1pm show.  We all found it entertaining - except Nick - he thought it was alright. Maybe he is getting too old for the Andy Griffiths type humour...

Afterwards we walked up to the museum to see the exhibit of Jeanie Baker's latest book Mirror - we are a literary lot aren't we?  That was really good too - her books are always beautifully illustrated and this latest is no exception.

The exhibition was in the Melbourne Gallery so we then spent time looking at the other exhibits.  Jen, Sam and Nick had a go on the scenic railway in Luna Park at the turn  of the century - just check out how fast they are going - Sams almost a blurr...

The girls and Kate then had a go with Sam and Nick  - much to the amusement of the family at the back of their car.

We were much more sedate after that and watched a movie on Melbourne.  There is so much to look at in the museum.  Whenever I come here I think I should make a point of coming in and spending time here more often - doesn't cost anything for me as I am old!  (There has to be some advantages to be an oldie)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like a fun family time! I can't wait to take advantage of being old :)