Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Now you see it, now you don't!


For sometime now the 'view' from the computer room has been getting to me... It used to be OK as next door had a walnut tree that was more or less all I could see but that was taken out.  This side of the house is very much our utility side - I would hardly ever walk down there.

 The horrible view...

As the verticals in the kitchen were looking a bit tired and I wanted to replace them, I figured that while the blind people were here I might as well do something about the computer room window too.  A modern translucent blind struck me as ideal in this room as it should give enough diffused light for what we use this room for -  looking  at the computer.

Much nicer...

Of course, now the nice new blinds are in the walls look terrible so it is time to decorate this room - that is long long overdue anyway...  (Who choose that colour for the walls anyway?)   That will have to wait until we return from Europe.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love holland blinds. They are just so easy to care for. Looks good!

Heidi said...

thanks Lisa, they are easy to keep clean aren't they.