Jenny, Nick and I had a very good day yesterday at the Tennis Centre. We settled ourselves into the #2 show court as the Williams sister would be playing doubles there. The two previous games were pretty good. First off we had Raymond/Stubbs against Coin/Pelletier then it was a singles match, Gonzales and Korolev which went on for ages - over three hours. Gonzales eventually won - but only just. I would have liked Korolev to win as I thought he was the better sportsman. I think the huge Chilean contingent cheering Gonzales on probably helped him.
The doubles match the Williams sisters played was against Olaru and Savchuk. The final score was 6:1, 6:2 - but the other two girls played really well, producing enough good shots to make the sisters work a bit hard. It was great to see them in action in real life.This was Nick's first tennis match and he was really good We sat watching from 11 am to around 5:30 pm so it was a long time for an eleven year old to sit still. The DS only came out towards the end of the middle match, but then three and a half hours for one match is really enough for anyone. Once the next match started he was interested again.






No comments:
Post a Comment