we spent most of today in the nearby town of Le Puy. This is a very old town, dateing back to before the 11th century. I have been here several times before but there is always something new that presents itself. This time I was aware of just how old some of their buildings are, plenty built in the 1500’s and still being used.
We walked past a small restaurant and the owner must have heard us discussing the date so she invited us in to see the lower floor which had been the original street level. The old stone work is all there and in perfect order. She livs in the building and the way up to her kitchen as up medieval circular steps to the next floor, which is part of the tower.
Le Ou is also one of the places to stat the Camino de Stantiago from, something I had never noticed from previous visits.
Amazing place...
We walked past a small restaurant and the owner must have heard us discussing the date so she invited us in to see the lower floor which had been the original street level. The old stone work is all there and in perfect order. She livs in the building and the way up to her kitchen as up medieval circular steps to the next floor, which is part of the tower.
Le Ou is also one of the places to stat the Camino de Stantiago from, something I had never noticed from previous visits.
Amazing place...





No comments:
Post a Comment