Friday, June 02, 2017

Start of holiday

Our flight over did not drag and the plane we were on from Dubai was spanking new and I was able to see the land below very clearly as we flew over.


Our position on the screen when I took tha above photo


In Amsterdam we were picked up as arranged and were in our hotel around four pm. The hotel is about ten minutes walk from the town centre so we walked there later in the evening.  Along the way we passed several moored river cruise boats  - two of them were very long. I had not realised how big these river cruisers were. The other boats were not as long, more the size of the boat that we were on in Egypt some years ago.

We found a good place for dinner - Robin had schnitzel and I had the best frankfurters I have had for many years.




No comments: