Sunday, November 20, 2016

Spring is arriving...at last

As we are now in November we expect to have nice weather. However, here we have had a few days in the high twenties but most days have been below twenty and wet with it.  But I have not been idle outside and done a bit in the garden and even managed to get in walk occasionally.

A week or so ago Judy and I took a walk around Birdsland Reserve which is really very near to us but neither of us had been there.  It was a pleasant walk, not hot but a very still day as can be seen by the reflections in the lake.


Judy spotted a bird which she called a long neck.  It went under the water and came up quite a bit later, and quite a long way from where it went under.  When it came up, Jude spotted it had a fish in its beak.  I tried to zoom in but it was too far away.

Long neck - I think it is an Egret - either that or it is Nessie!
Yesterday it was really hot - in the thirties and today is the same.  It might rain later - maybe.  The weather had been ideal for the olive tree.  It is heavy with blossom so there will be a good crop of olives for the birds - they are better at picking them than I am.  The blossom is so heavy that it looked like snow on the ground.  I think we may be due to a hot summer...


The bottle brushes at the bottom of the garden are in full bloom.

1 comment:

Rob and Jenny said...

It all looks very pleasant in Spring time. I don't think I have ever seen an Olive tree in bloom! The bottle brush is lovely just like ours! Of course ours flowers later in our Summer, mid July usually. The flowers don't last too long though.