Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Blists Hill

Today we spent the morning, and some of the afternoon at Blists Hill, a Victorian town, rather along the lines of Sovereign Hill, except it is based on iron, not gold. We had only seen half of it by lunch time, so we had lunch there too.

It is a great place, and we rather enjoyed the school trips that arrived while we we having lunch by the funfair.  The kids really enjoyed the simple rides,and we enjoyed the steam organ music.





On returning to the motel, I took a walk to Telford Shopping Centre.  This was by an extensive walkway system, over the railways and roads straight to the shopping centre. I had a mooch and an ice cream and then found the old fashioned sweet shop which I had been told still sold Bassets liquorice sticks that I had as a child. 



1 comment:

Tarzanna said...

Heidi,
Anne's gone to get her own coffee while mary & Judy look at your blog.
It's great. Anne knew all about the Iron bridge and the start of the industrial revolution.
Pam's just arrived.
We've just put out GN41.
Pam & Anne are putting to the test today the rate increase letter today in your gmail contacts groups