We have many spiders here, some venomous, like the red back (which is still quite pretty) some not, like the huntsman, which is hairy, big and very ugly. One of the pretty none-poisonous ones is the St Andrews Cross spider which weaves the most amazing web. They are not very large spiders, look larger from a distance due to the white 'cross' that is part of the web.
When taking down the Christmas lights I spotted a perfect web with the spider sitting in it. Unfortunately he had used one of the light bulbs to attach his web so it came down when I removed the lights. Oh well, he can always spin another one. I guess that is what he (or she) spends his life doing.
![]() |
| I first spotted him the day before when I parked the car - wondered what the white cross was. |
![]() |
| Robin took a really good close up of him. |


No comments:
Post a Comment