Saturday I joined Jenny, Michael, Laura and Nick at the Tennis. All week it has been really hot (mid 40's!) in Melbourne but luckily the change came through and it was only a mild 23 degrees celcius on Saturday.
 |
| View of the garden square |
It was a great day. Laura had arrived first and nabbed five seats for us in the Margaret Court Arena. We watched several matches before leaving for lunch. The queue for seats when we went out was really long.
 |
| Michael, Jen, myself and Laura |
 |
| Ball girl, line umpire and Sloane Stevens (USA) |
 |
| We then headed off for lunch and a walk around the centre. There is so much to see and do now - I don't remember it being so full on when the kids were little. |
 |
| Jenny found a table for lunch and the other three went off to find something to eat. Jen and I sat and chatted for a while. |
After lunch we shopped and then watched a junior match. I was really impressed at the way those kids played - really fast and hard.
The others went off to see if they could watch Nadal on the practice court but I headed back to Richmond Station for the trip home. Nick told me afterwards they did get to see him - just. There were so many people around.
This year we only had ground passes as we had all been too busy to think about tickets - next year we will make sure to get tickets once they come on sale. It was not a problem though as we did get to see some good tennis.
No comments:
Post a Comment