Thursday, February 16, 2012

This was hard work...

Before....
At the end of our terrace we had a bush - a Diosma - which just grew - and grew.  Our fault entirely as we are not good gardeners.  Anyway, yesterday I decided it had to come out - despite the fact it was 35 degrees  - and that was in the shade.

I spent several hours clipping, hacking and pulling.  Today I put all those bits into the trailer while Robin spent a few hours clipping, hacking and pulling.

After!
The result - we can see the house, the trailer is full and there is a pile of branches that need to be piled into the trailer for a second trip to the tip.

Now to decide what to do with the space we have reclaimed - once we have removed the stump of the bush.  Hang on - the Olive tree next to the car looks a bit large...

3 comments:

Linda said...

Looks fantastic Heidi... we have a Gum in the front yard we are thinking of removing, what are your plans next Wednesday :D

Jenny said...

Once you start this gardening lark you'll always find another thing to do...... perhaps you could just trim back the Olive tree??

Lisa said...

Oh no! I would have given that diosma a good home!