After lunch Robin and I drove up to Beechworth for our weekend away. The town is an old gold prospecting area and has many of its old buildings still intact. We arrived late afternoon and took a walk around the town, sussing out the eateries. Dinner tonight was in one of the pubs, and it was really nice.
A feature of the country pubs is that someone is usually going around with raffle tickets in aid of a local group - in this case, SES. Of course we purchased several tickets and guess what - I won a prize. I had a choice of any of the prizes or a lucky envelope - I picked the lucky envelope and won the jackpot - $60. So thank you, SES for our evening meal.
![]() |
| Not the original post office, this was built in 1869 to replace the one destroyed by fire |

No comments:
Post a Comment