Sunday, April 25, 2010
Sam's 14th birthday
Kate made Sam a Carousel cake this year for her 14th birthday. Both of them are keen watchers of Ace of Cakes and I think Sam mentioned while they were watching an episode that featured a carousel, that she would like one for her birthday. Kate took note of that and made it for her as a surprise.
She did say that it was really surprisingly easy to make. The only problem was that both Kate and I forgot to take along our Lazy Susan so that the cake could could be made to twirl round.
We had a frantic twenty minutes in Drouin trying to find a shop that had one. Kate managed to find an el cheapo cake stand (from a reject shop) that would twirl if the base was not tightened properly to the top.
It came out pretty well, as all of Kate's cakes do. She does feel that she has learned a lot by watching Ace of Cakes so I wonder what her next cake will be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment