Thank you Heidi.. Adelaide is insisting that those eggs are there year round but I don't think so.. I think the supermarket has been sneaky and is testing the water to see how people respond!
The florists pretty much drive Valentines here don't they?
I think you are right about the florist Lisa. Usually flowers or chocs are the gift for Valentines day. We have not yet got to the stage of shops encouraging high ticket items for that - but give them time...
Unfortunately, here in the UK Valentines is a time to splash out and spend a fortune on your loved one - at least that's what the shops promote! Such a shame everything comes down to money these days. Whatever happened to a single rose or one Creme Egg!!!(Mind you they cost a fortune now!)
Even before Christmas they had up Valentines candy galore. They just moved over the Christmas candy that was sold and in the empty spots they threw in Valentines. Here Valentines is big, especially in the elementary schools where all the children hand out valentines with candy to their classmates. Is it like that in AU?
We too have the Cadbury Eggs in stores, I actually bought some already :)
8 comments:
I love those creme eggs :) What about Valentine's? That's all over the states.
I don't think I have seen any ads for Valentines day yet - obviously our stores are lagging behind.
Thank you Heidi.. Adelaide is insisting that those eggs are there year round but I don't think so.. I think the supermarket has been sneaky and is testing the water to see how people respond!
The florists pretty much drive Valentines here don't they?
I think you are right about the florist Lisa. Usually flowers or chocs are the gift for Valentines day. We have not yet got to the stage of shops encouraging high ticket items for that - but give them time...
Unfortunately, here in the UK Valentines is a time to splash out and spend a fortune on your loved one - at least that's what the shops promote! Such a shame everything comes down to money these days. Whatever happened to a single rose or one Creme Egg!!!(Mind you they cost a fortune now!)
Creme Eggs are around more than just easter... but they don't display them obviously, and not all stores have them.
*as obviously
Even before Christmas they had up Valentines candy galore. They just moved over the Christmas candy that was sold and in the empty spots they threw in Valentines. Here Valentines is big, especially in the elementary schools where all the children hand out valentines with candy to their classmates. Is it like that in AU?
We too have the Cadbury Eggs in stores, I actually bought some already :)
Post a Comment