For a long time I have been wanting to redo the laundry and have now bitten the bullet. The aim is to give me a better work top area, so the high fridge and chest freezer just had to go - I really don't think we need them now anyway. The freezer is going to a new home, but the fridge is pretty old so that was put out onto the nature strip on Thursday morning as we have a hard rubbish collection in a week or so. But it disappeared a few hours later - someone took it for the metal I guess.
Laundry with old fridge and freezer.
The fridge was a really El Cheapo which has never ever broken down. We purchased it when we moved into this house and then relegated it to the laundry for drinks when we purchased a larger, better fridge for the kitchen. The irony is that the kitchen is now on its third large 'better' fridge while the Indesit has been good as gold. I fully expect the new drinks fridge we have replaced with will break down a day after its warranty runs out!
with new fridge and no freezer
So this is the first step to my new laundry - Monday the cabinet maker comes to measure up for the new cupboards. Once they are made the old large cupboard can come out and I will have my work top area - well over a metre long - fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment