Monday, August 31, 2009

Copenhagen Day One

Robin and I arrived at Copenhagen around lunch time. Our hotel is right in the city centre, a short walk from the main station. After stowing our cases we ventured out into the city with vague plans to go to the Information Centre, and then on to the Town Hall square.
As we had not really eaten since breakfast we had a late lunch in a open air cafe - open sandwiches. Robin's consisted of potatoes, bacon and mayonaise. I chose a smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. They were the largest open sandwiches I had ever seen. The bread was not at all visible and I don't think I have ever had so much smoked salmon in one go.
We walked through the museum garden and spotted Rodin's The Thinker - I did read on the web just now that there were twenty casts made of this statue - we have seen several now.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice photo's Heidi - keep a lookout for "our" Mary :) Have a great time