Since returning from South Australia I seem to have been too busy to go out on the bike, or it has been wet. Yes, we have actually had rain here - it has been great. The first few days there were quite a few accidents on the road as no-one is prepared for the changed conditions. Anyway, today it was really lovely. Cold first thing (13C) but tipped to go to 25C so that was a perfect day for a ride. I did one of my usual rides but when I arrived back at Ferntree Gully, I continued on to Upper Gully and back home via the path along the railway.
This took me right through where a fire had broken out on Saturday 7th March, that terrible day when so many people lost their lives. At this site it was a small fire and it was put out quickly, before it had a chance to go back up the hill. But I could still smell the burnt wood today, and that is over a month later.
No comments:
Post a Comment