Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ferntree Gully Village Yesteryear





Not been home a week yet but just about back into the swing of things.

I have been swimming, had a French lesson, purchased and had installed a new dishwasher, delivered several hundred "Village News" and spent time packing showbags for the fair held in the Gully this morning. The fair was pretty well attended and the Historical Society had a lot of interesting photos of times gone by. Robin, Kate and I joined a tour of the cemetery which was very good. The oldest grave dates from 1885 - remember Australia is a young country - with the most famous person buried in the cemetery being the artist, Arthur Streeton

2 comments:

grammajill said...

NOw who is looking in cemeterys? That has been one of my favorite pastimes. Weird, I know!

Heather said...

Wow heidi, you are busy, and you still manage time to send me a CD Thank you thank you thank you!!! You do a great job updating your blog, I amgoing to have to check it more often!