Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Start of cruise 2018


Thursday 1st March we left Sydney on the start of our month long cruise - we would not be back until the end of March having gone around New Zealand and seen some of the islands of Melanesia. 

Our first view of New Zealand - after two days at sea - was of Milford Sound , which we went into and then turned around and came back out. On to Doubtful Sound and Dusky sound and then we headed for Dunedin. 

At Dunedin we had an excursion on the Taieri Gorge Railway. This was a great trip, returning to the ship mid afternoon. Weather was good too. 


Next day, Tuesday March 6th, and further again around the coast,  the weather was not so good. The port was Akaroa, which was for Christchurch. We had no excursions booked so took it easy. I had vague plans of going ashore by the tender but as it happened there were problems with the actual tenders (one broke down) and the ship dragged anchor so tendering stopped for a while. By the time I could have gone ashore the rain and wind deterred me. I thought I would stay put and update the blog.








No comments: