Thursday, March 15, 2018

Napier to Sydney

Robin and I watched on deck as the ship manoeuvred alongside the pier at Napier. It is apparently one of the trickiest berths around. We were much later than expected due to a ship having to vacate the berth we were mooring at.

I took the shuttle bus to the town for a quick look. We have been here before and seeing  it was a Sunday, and five pm when I got to the town, not much was happening. 


Back on board, we sailed through the Cook Strait and headed for Sydney with three full days at sea.  

This morning we arrived at Circular Quay, and looking out of our window, I could see the Opera House. We had decided not to leave the ship so had a leisurely breakfast and I walked around taking photos. Sydney harbour is very picturesque and very busy.


Many people are finishing up today, but some like us, will continue on the next leg plus there are many new passengers embarking today. The weather today is great - the grey skies of New Zealand have been replaced by the sun :-) We leave around 5 pm for the South Pacific and hopefully the sun will stay with us. 

   

Above Napier, below Sydney. Apple does not play nice with Blogger...




No comments: