Wednesday, November 08, 2017

BBQ for Grandma

Sunday we had a gathering of family and friends to acknowledge the passing of Grandma.  I was touched by the gifts I was given to commemorate the occasion.  The plants and flowers were lovely.




Trent cooked an amazing bbq, Jenny and Katy put together salads and yummy slices, Marian and Bella contributed pav and fruit and Laura made four fantastic cob loaves so we did not go hungry.

By the time I got the camera out, some guests had already left, but Jenny had taken photos of the younger generation playing an old favourite around the dining room table as they all did when they were younger.



Afterwards Laura and Nick had a game of cricket with the boys and I was ready with the camera then.




The day was so nice, the weather was perfect.  I think Grandma would have been touched by the number of people that came to remember her.  She did well to make it past 90  - she would have been 94 this year.

Her 90th birthday in 2013. She was pretty fit then, but this last twelve months
she became frail and found doing anything a bit of a struggle. Katy had made her an amazing birthday cake. 

No comments: