This week started off being busy as we had tradesmen coming. Monday early the tree removal men arrived to remove a magnolia in the front garden that was getting out of hand and looking rather ugly.
Within an hour the front garden went from this....
to this.....
It took them less than an hour to remove, mulch everything and chew up the stump. They even obliged Robin and mulched some of the large olive tree branches that had been cut off last week by the tradie that came to clean the roof.
Now I just need to choose a new tree to replace it - something more compact and not so tall.
Once they left the gas man arrived to check out the central heating. Bad news - it was passed it used by date and he did not recommend fixing it - time for a new heater. That was ok - we had been expecting this, sort of.
Once he left I went shopping, in my recently repaired corolla. I returned with a rather changed corolla as I had a bingle with a truck that came out of Seven 11. The back door has been dented - and the self same panel at the back has been damaged - again. It is perfectly drive able and I will be going to get the damaged assessed in an hour or so. Oh dear!
As I write this we have tradies in to replace the heater. The old heater was in the laundry, in a cupboard and it was very noisy when it kicked in as the return air vent was in the family wall. The new heater is going outside, which will make it much quieter, and I will have a properly usable cupboard int the laundry.
Moving it though is not that simple as the gas pipes will need to be changed but we thought it worth it - the heater really was very noisy. We have had visitors jump when it kicked in.
So - a mixed week and as I said before - I have had better...
Within an hour the front garden went from this....
It took them less than an hour to remove, mulch everything and chew up the stump. They even obliged Robin and mulched some of the large olive tree branches that had been cut off last week by the tradie that came to clean the roof.
Now I just need to choose a new tree to replace it - something more compact and not so tall.
Once they left the gas man arrived to check out the central heating. Bad news - it was passed it used by date and he did not recommend fixing it - time for a new heater. That was ok - we had been expecting this, sort of.
Once he left I went shopping, in my recently repaired corolla. I returned with a rather changed corolla as I had a bingle with a truck that came out of Seven 11. The back door has been dented - and the self same panel at the back has been damaged - again. It is perfectly drive able and I will be going to get the damaged assessed in an hour or so. Oh dear!
As I write this we have tradies in to replace the heater. The old heater was in the laundry, in a cupboard and it was very noisy when it kicked in as the return air vent was in the family wall. The new heater is going outside, which will make it much quieter, and I will have a properly usable cupboard int the laundry.
Moving it though is not that simple as the gas pipes will need to be changed but we thought it worth it - the heater really was very noisy. We have had visitors jump when it kicked in.
So - a mixed week and as I said before - I have had better...



1 comment:
Oh dear Heidi, you have had a bad week! Sorry to see your car was so damaged again! We hope that you were not damaged as it must have shaken you up a bit.
Your front driveway looks very tidy without your tree. I suppose it is a good time to plant a new one so we hope you find something suitable.
We too are considering a new central heating boiler as ours is now 30 years old. It's still OK but I worry that it will let us down during a Winter season which wouldn't be very pleasant. Also we are informed that it is not cost efficent. We are awaiting the quote!
Post a Comment