Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Salisbury

Sunday morning I went to Salisbury Cathedral and walked around it. It really is a lovely cathedral, with a very fine spire and a beautiful setting. Form there I went on to Old Sarum, the original site of Salisbury and followed that with a walk around Stonehenge, in the company of hundreds of other people.





I the afternoon I went to visit Scott and his family - they live in a lovely farm cottage - rather hard to find but eventually I got there and I had a lovely afternoon and evening with them. 

Scott had to pick up Dan so Eleanor and I went with him. 

2 comments:

Rob and Jenny said...

So pleased to see a photo of Old Sarum - never been there but have read the book by Edward Rutherford called Sarum. It's a really long book but traces the history way back - worth a read now you have been there!

Katysam said...

I have 'Sarum' (the book) sitting next to my bed! Someone loaned it to me as they thought is was fascinating. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't picked it up yet. Perhaps tonight will be the night. :)