Yesterday was a sea day and this morning we docked at Aruba, a tiny Dutch island that I had never heard of until we booked this cruise. Aruba is 20 miles long and 6 miles across and one side of it has the most beautiful beaches. It is also very hot and windy
We took an excursion around the island to the points of note but basically the main draw of this island is the beach - there are 30 very large hotels with access to the beach.
One area had a large number of rocks which had been carved by the wind in ways very like the Remarkables on Kangaroo Island.


2 comments:
If you were a fan of the Beach Boys you'd know Aruba from their song, Kokomo. First line is: "Aruba, Jaimaca, ooh I wanna take ya..." :)
The beach and water look lovely.
I think Aruba is more known in the Northern Hemisphere, as a holiday destination......and of course from the Beach Boys song! Looks lovely.
Post a Comment