We are not very keen painters and as a result our house has been getting decidedly dingy! Because the drought has caused the house to move quite alarmingly in places, we have also had cracks appear in the walls (and chunks of plaster fall off too) so we bit the bullet and first of all had a plasterer come in and fix all the problems. That was quite painless.
But - then we had to get everything painted - that was a different story. It took two painters two weeks to paint the inside of the house from top to bottom. Everything had to be cleared to enable the painters to get to the walls - quite a difficult job as we have so much stuff! Anyway, it is all over now and the house is beautiful - no cracks, dirty walls, chipped skirting or yellowing doors. We are all very pleased with the result. There are still a few things to put back into place yet, but all is good now.
The room that came up really well was the computer room as, of course, we could not put the drab old shelves back so we had several trips to IKEA to smarten the room up. I don't want to put anything on the walls at the moment, unless absolutely necessary. Wonder how long that will last?

7 comments:
I know what you mean about keeping the walls pristine - it won't last!
It looks lovely - clean and tidy - that won't last either!! At least you can look back at the photo.....
Looks so organised I think it will last. Looks great :-)
Thanks Jenny and Lisa, I will try very hard to keep it looking like it is. My new cry is - Don't touch the walls :-)
Wow that looks so nice and chic, I love it. It must feel so nice to have everything freshened up!
It certainly does Megan. I am determined to to let it get too bad ever again! Mind you, we have had very heavy rain from an odd direction and wouldn't you know it - there must be a crack in a tile so there is a mark on the computer room ceiling - already!
grandma Heidi! I think it looks great! And now dad's bedroom is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Thanks Adelaide, we think it is great too. Maybe you can come down sometime and see it all.
Post a Comment