Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ballarat Photo Walk

Robin and I joined several other people in a walk Andrew organised around Ballarat.  It really is amazing just how much you see if you get out of the car and walk!

We spent two hours going around the town and photographing anything and everything.  The weather was good, cold but quite bright - even the sun came out for a short while. I was really amazed at just how many statues there are in the main drag as normally we just drive straight through on our way to somewhere else (usually Adelaide).  But to be honest we don't even do that now as Ballarat is bypassed these days anyway.

I was really fascinated by the building above- very unusual colour and design - wonder what it is like inside? It looks more like a folded paper fan but it really is a building - see the bare branches of the trees? Checking it out on the web (you can find anything on the web, right!) I discovered this building is the Ballarat Learning Centre - bit different to ours in the Gully...

This is the more usual type of building seen around the town.  The group finished up in a coffee bar, looking at each others photos and comparing equipment etc.  I think we all got something out of the walk as everyone seemed keen to repeat the experience.

No comments: