


Some years ago I planted an olive tree which was pretty small. Now it is somewhat larger and spreading so we figured we had better prune it. When in France I was told that it should be pruned so that a swallow can fly through it without the leaves touching its wings. So that was what we aimed for - sort of. It certainly looks a lot lighter - just hoped that we haven't ruined it. It really grows very well considering the water situation. Once all that was cut, Robin got the trailer out to take the cuttings to the tip. I can now ride down through the carport without hitting my face on the leaves.
2 comments:
looks good heidi. i hope my trees ever get that big. I somehow kill most of them before the are bigger than sophie! I am a lousy gardner.
What a pretty olive tree! So nice that you can get advice on pruning it from France!
Post a Comment