Monday, June 30, 2008

New Camera


OK, I know I really did not need one but I decided that I should go back to using a SLR. I really like my compacts, the S100X especially as it fits into my handbag so easily and I think it takes pretty good photos but sometimes I do miss the control a SLR has.
Anyway, Kate and I went out yesterday and I purchased the Canon 450D. It handles pretty well and I am sure I will get used to carrying a big camera around again (but the compact will be in my handbag just in case). It came with two zoom lenses so all requirements should be covered.
As yet I have not taken many photos with it, here is one of Grandma which has come out pretty well.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Heidi, I have been wanting a nice little non SLR camera!

Of course I love the SLR, but hard toting around.

The photo turned out great!

Heidi said...

It is so much easier with a compact and they are really pretty good. I don't think I can go back to carrying my full blown camera case (which is under the desk as I speak) with my old Pentax SLR, Nikon SLR, two other lenses, flash and various filters. I used to though - must have been much fitter then! The 450D and the telephoto lens both fit into a lightweight shoulder bag, so I should cope.

Amy said...

Grandma looks great! Gosh, those are my brother Matt's eyes!

I have an SLR that I am still clueles about, it's a Olympus E-300.

We still love our Nikon Coolpix when hiking etc...