Sunday, April 06, 2008

Linda's 40th

Some weeks ago Phil phoned to invite us to celebrate Linda's fortieth birthday. He and the girls planned a surprise party for her. We gladly accepted and last night was the night. It was held at a local Indian Restaurant and was a great evening. Everyone was seated when Linda and family walked in and she was certainly surprised to see so many people in the function room.
Biggest surprise for Linda was that it was to celebrate her 40th - a year early! Linda took it all very well and enjoyed herself but then she is used to Phils sense of humour. Mind you, I was surprised that Linda was 40 when he rang as I always thought that she was a year or so younger than Jenny who turned 39 this year. But then I figured that I must have been wrong. It was a really good night and now Linda does not have to worry about turning 40 next year, she can turn 39 and continue to count (not go) backwards from then on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun night. I would like to think I can continue to count backwards rather than "go" backwards though!

Heidi said...

You are right Linda, I should change that to 'count', not 'go' backwards but you know what I mean :-)